Saturday 31 January 2015

D.I.Y. Circus Skittles for Lawn Bowling/Carnival Ring Toss




I created these skittles for a circus themed week-long camp at the community rec site where I teach.  To create the skittles or pins I used plastic Perrier bottles.  The variety of flavours: lime, lemon, and grapefruit, already create colourful tops for each skittle.  I then used acrylic paint to create the different designs, since it wouldn't flake off like tempera will on plastic.  While painting some of the colours may appear transparent, but will dry opaque as you can see below.  To finish, slightly fill each skittle with sand, rice, etc. to give them a bit more weight.  While I made these for skittle lawn bowling, they could easily be adapted to a carnival ring toss.  If you save up the bottles ahead of time, these could also be a fun activity to do with an entire class.





Art Intertwine - D.I.Y. Circus Lawn Bowling Pins or Carnival Ring Toss Game





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...