Wednesday 8 October 2014

Van Gogh Inspired Flower Still Life Paintings





While learning about Vincent Van Gogh, my students created still life flower paintings.  For inspiration we looked at Van Gogh's artworks such as Still Life, Vase with Twelve Sunflowers.















We also discussed Van Gogh's use of impasto, thickly laying paint onto the surface, creating texture and making the brushstrokes visible.  For their canvases my students added impasto to their flowers by mixing modelling paste with acrylic paint.  


The paintings:




Van Gogh Painting For Kids





Van Gogh For Kids





A few of the students had not finished their paintings when I took photos, but I thought I would still share these works in progress.

Art Intertwine - Van Gogh Art Activity





Van Gogh Art Activity For Kids






Art Intertwine - Van Gogh Flower Still Life





I love it when kids build on what they've learnt.  The students had just studied the art of Henri Matisse which is reflected in background pattern of this student's painting.


Van Gogh Flower Still Life





Van Gogh Painting For Kids









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...