Wednesday 5 March 2014

Picasso Inspired Oil Pastel Roosters



Here are a few of my students' oil pastel drawings.  I did these with both my younger and older students so the ages range from 5-12.   These artworks were created as part of a larger Picasso themed unit.  I originally was inspired by this lesson HERE but wanted to do it on a smaller scale.  We started by looking at Picasso's Le Coq.  I emphasized to the kids that their roosters should look fantastical and a bit weird by pointing out the variety of colour that Picasso used in his artwork and that his rooster doesn't look entirely realistic.  I then had them start with a step by step pencil drawing before using the oil pastels.  To finish their drawings they outlined their roosters in black oil pastels.  This activity was a huge hit with the kids and I was really happy that the end results were so varied and unique.




Our Inspiration




Art Intertwine - Picasso Inspired Roosters




Picasso Pastel Roosters




Art Intertwine - Picasso Inspired Roosters





Picasso Pastel Roosters




Picasso Pastel Roosters





Picasso Pastel Roosters





Picasso Pastel Roosters



For more examples click HERE





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...