Saturday 22 March 2014

Manga Drawing Printables

Recently I was subbing for a grade 7 art class that was beginning a unit on cartooning.  As an additional element I decided to introduce a mini lesson on manga.  I used chibi as an introduction, rather than regular manga drawing styles, since chibi are simplified small child-like versions of manga characters.  I found the handout below from the deviantart group the mini chibi club.  The original had some inappropriate elements on it for middle school students that I removed. 


Art Intertwine - Chibi Printable


I also created this short manga version of the classic cartoon emotions chart to emphasise the exaggerated facial expressions that are used in manga and other cartooning styles.


Art Intertwine - Manga Expressions





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...