Monday 21 January 2013

Art Activity - Watercolour Doodle Giraffe

I recently created homemade liquid watercolours from markers.  Click on the link for how-to instructions.  The colours that I ended up with were fantastic!


Art Intertwine-Homemade Watercolours



I created the watercolours for a drawing class activity.  For my watercolour drawing I used the artwork of Jennifer Mercede as inspiration.  In particular I loved the long necks of her giraffes and realised that it would be the perfect opportunity to do a drawing lesson that introduces pattern.

Below is my 'doodle giraffe' where I placed different patterns in each of the giraffe's spots.


Art Intertwine - Doodle Giraffe



Here's the final artwork using all of the watercolours.


Art Intertwine - Doodle Giraffe



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...