Wednesday 28 November 2012

Printmaking With Play Dough - Step Two: Printing With Paper Cut Outs


Now that our homemade play dough has been made its printmaking time!


Items You Will Need:
Homemade Play Dough
A rolling pin or other object to flatten the dough
Aluminum Foil
Scraps of paper
Scissors
Paper to print on
Acrylic paint
Water
Sponge brush



I found that 1 batch of play dough created 3 decent sized printing plates.  After dividing the dough I rolled each piece into a flattened rectangle.  I rolled the dough on aluminium foil to keep it from sticking.


Art Intertwine-Printmaking with Play Dough
 The play dough can be rolled fairly thinly.


I decided to try several different approaches to this activity.  The first approach was to re-create what I had done with my homemade gelatin plates by using scraps of paper to create simple shaped cut outs.  I used a sponge brush to cover the plate in a layer of watered down acrylic paint before laying the paper cut outs on top.


Printmaking with Play Dough-Paper Cut Outs


Here is one of the resulting prints


Printing With Paper Cut Outs



Stay tuned for the next printmaking post where I'll be creating prints by making impressions into the play dough, as well as sharing a few other experiments.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...